www.ruinedpanthose.com traffic quota exceeded

Any type of shoe abuse. Broken heels, well worn shoes, scuffed shoes, torn shoes, shoes run over by cars, shoes dragged on the ground, crinkled pointy toes, shoes sawed in half, shoes run over by cars, lost shoes, shoe trees, trample, crush, etc. Any other discussion or photos having to do with shoes, boots or other footwear, abused or not, is welcome.

Alle Arten von Schuh-Missbrauch. Abgebrochene Absätze, sehr getragene, abgenutzte, verschlissene, zerissene, überfahrene Schuhe. Schuhe über den Boden gerschliffen, zerknitterte Schuhspitzen, zersägte, plattgetretene, zerquetschte Schuhe, verlorene Schuhe, Schuhbäume etc. Jede andere Diskussion oder Fotos im Zusammenhang mit Schuhen oder Stiefeln oder andere Arten von Schuhen, missbraucht oder nicht, ist willkommen.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

shred

www.ruinedpanthose.com traffic quota exceeded

Post by shred »

Dear Friends,

To my regret I noticed that the traffic quota on my site www.ruinedpantyhose.com has been exceeded. The site is not blocked yet, but that could happen any moment now :(

The good news, of course, is that apparently there is quite some interest for the pictures I have put up there. Especially after the last site update. Never would have expected that it would generate such an amount of traffic (> 1 GB) :shock:

I am still considering what to do, whether I will upgrade this account, switch to another solution which is more future oriented, or wait until the traffic counter is reset by the end of this month. :?

Anyway, if the site becomes inaccessible, don't worry, it will be back, and I'll post some future updates as well.

Both my wife an I love to share our pictures with this community, and we also enjoy very much the comments we get thru this forum.

Cheers
Shred
cgrassham

Post by cgrassham »

There isn't long til the end of the month so you could just wait until the block is lifted.

You could move to Webshots. Its free and I don't think theres a limit. There is also no need to do any HTML at all.
Shoes + deep sticky mud = :)
cgrassham

Post by cgrassham »

That said I could still access your website at this time.
Shoes + deep sticky mud = :)
Puddleboy

Webshots

Post by Puddleboy »

'Webshots' seems to be the way to go. We could all get in, it's easy to navigate through the albums, and it doesn't add 5,000 cookies to your computer. The other alternative is a Yahoo group.

..... pb
Badboy

Post by Badboy »

Yeah Shred, I had the same problem with Badgirl's site. It got to be such a pain in the butt, that it took the fun out of the whole idea. I moved her pictures to Webshots as well. So much easier now. To my surprise her pictures have been viewed over 2,700 times since the start. So she is happy and I am happy. It is enjoyable once again, and it is free.

Her old site was cool, I had music playing while you viewed her pictures and such. But the whole thing ate up bandwidth. So I made it just pictures only, no frills browsing, and still had problems. So I had to say goodbye to 'free' sites. It was bad enough, but understandable, that they had to but up banner ads. But then to limit bandwidth too. I thought that the ads were there to offset the bandwidth issue. For whatever reason, Geocites has lost our support. I did find out that the sneaker site I made for her at Fortunecity some 4 years ago, was still alive :shock: ...so I may be bringing that site back for her sneakers. I never got any nagging mail about bandwidth there, and it played the music as well. Whatever your decision is, I wish you luck.
Electricians - we do our best work in the dark, and we are qualified to remove your shorts!
WAMSneak

Badgirl's sneaker site

Post by WAMSneak »

Hey Badboy,

I too discovered Badgirls sneaker site was still alive the other week. I thought it was really cool since I'd lost all the originally downloaded pics due to a new hard drive, now I have them all back saved again :) More important to me than some others I guess since some of the pairs I bought for her :o

Whether you decide to continue using that site or decide to use Webshots is all the same to me, I'll be really pleased to see Badgirls work again either way. I guess that since you're successfully using Webshots now though, that might be the easier route. My only comment would be that it's easier to progress through the pics on Webshots.

Hope to see the 'disassembled' sneaks soon :-)

Cheers

WAMSneak
Badboy

Post by Badboy »

WAMSneak, I would like to redo the website as well as webshots. I could make it easier to go through the photos, but would need a way to make thumbnail photos. That way, I could make it like webshots. I have no idea how to make thumbnails. I notice XP does it for me, but I cannot access those thumbnails for some reason. Do you know of a way to make thumbnails for websites?
Electricians - we do our best work in the dark, and we are qualified to remove your shorts!