What is the economical impact of destructive fetishism?

Feel free to discuss anything in here. Moderators, please move off topic posts to here. Spam is not welcome here though.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, ambershotheels

Tempic

Re: What is the economical impact of destructive fetishism?

Post by Tempic »

People need to understand that destroying shoes isn't in any way more wasteful than any other form of entertainment that's based on consumption.
I mean let's say you're riding a rollercoaster, what's the real cost of that? Building the thing took thousands of work hours, maintaining it takes a whole staff of people, it takes a lot of grease, spare parts and other items to keep it running, it consumes a lot of power from the grid which is mostly produced by burning things... Just because you're not breaking something when you ride a rollercoaster you simply can't argue that the activity isn't wasteful when you consider all the more productive uses of those same resources. The reason why we permit rollercoasters to exist is simply because people pay to ride them because they are fun, so operating them creates more jobs, the economy keeps moving...
If someone buys a pair of shoes and then destroys them the effect is the same, sure, you could argue its a wasteful activity, but overall its not different from any other activity where resources are expended for the enjoyment of people.
Besides, plenty of us here are only into the destruction of old shoes that have outlived their usefulness anyways.
Lazlo

Re: What is the economical impact of destructive fetishism?

Post by Lazlo »

3. Ecology/Economy is a vulnerable global process, the responsible use of resurces is crucial.
Hey Greenpeace noobs. Why don't you find some other Save The Whales web site if this one offends your moral sensibilities. The last thing I want to read about when I come here is some dudes Liberal screed complaining about my fetish and it's effects on the ecology.