extremely susceptible to runs

Wet nylons, pantyhose, stockings and socks. Messy, abused, torn, shredded, nylons with runs, and whatever else you can think of is fine too.

Nasse Nylons, Strumpfhosen und Strümpfe. Beschmutzt, missbraucht, zerschlissen, zerrissen, Laufmaschen und was auch immer gefallen könnte im Zusammenhang mit zarten Maschen.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

shred

extremely susceptible to runs

Post by shred »

This pantyhose proved to be very susceptible to developing runs. My wife had done only a few steps in the mud outside her shoes, and see what happened...

Shred

nylonpantyhose

Extremely susceptible to runs

Post by nylonpantyhose »

Nice pic. It's a good thing that the pantyhose proved so susceptible to running so quickly and easily right? The finer the nylon threads and sheerer the knit of the pantyhose the more easily they will run. I just love runs in pantyhose.
shred

Post by shred »

There is a difference from one brand to the other, even if they are the same thickness. These were 15 DEN, but I have seen other 15 DEN pantyhose which were developing runs much slower.

Sometimes when I make a hole in my wife's pantyhose, I try to pull the fabric to create a nice long run from her foot to her butt, and that cost a lot of effort.

Maybe it is related with the exact way of knitting, or on the roughness of the threads. We have noticed that in general more expensive pantyhose develop runs more easily. Which is weird on one side (what about price-quality?) but on the other side it is in accordance with that smoother threads slip easier out of the knitwork, and then creating a run.

I also know that some pantyhose manufacturer advertise that their pantyhose contains "run stops" due to a special way of kintting, whatever that may be. We try avoid those pantyhoses! :wink:
nylonpantyhose

Runs in pantyhose

Post by nylonpantyhose »

Yes, true that one brand can be so different even when they are the same denier. Pantyhose with a run stop do have a special area knit into them. I have several pair of 100% nylon sheer to waist pantyhose which have a run stop knit in. The panty is the same sheerness as he legs but if you look closely as the knit where the legs meet the panty you'll notice the fabric is slightly different in texture. With these pantyhose if I get a run in the panty it will not run down into the leg. Thus allowing more wear from the pantyhose. However, if I get a run in the leg, it will travel through the run stop into the panty. Which I guess makes sense because once their is a run in the nylons part most people would want to discard them. Other than for this particular brand of sheer to waist, I tend to avoid pantyhose with runs stops also.

I too have found that cheaper pantyhose, especially pantyhose that are stretchy and have threads that may be considered a little scratchy do seem to last longer also. But then they also just don't seem to feel as nice on. I won't wear pantyhose that are greater than 15 denier.

Recently I found a brand of very inexpensive ultra sheer pantyhose. They are 100% nylon, very silky with reinforced top and toe. I enjoy wearing these pantyhose when I want to play my favorite pantyhose game (may seem silly) of "will I get a run today or won't I." I love the suspense of wondering if these will make it through the day. Most often they run on the first wearing. When they don't this brand always runs early on the second wearing.

I too like to "play" with my pantyhose once they've run. I've also pulled the hose to make the run travel. I usually play with them until they are full of runs before I'll toss them.