Before and after pics

Any type of shoe abuse. Broken heels, well worn shoes, scuffed shoes, torn shoes, shoes run over by cars, shoes dragged on the ground, crinkled pointy toes, shoes sawed in half, shoes run over by cars, lost shoes, shoe trees, trample, crush, etc. Any other discussion or photos having to do with shoes, boots or other footwear, abused or not, is welcome.

Alle Arten von Schuh-Missbrauch. Abgebrochene Absätze, sehr getragene, abgenutzte, verschlissene, zerissene, überfahrene Schuhe. Schuhe über den Boden gerschliffen, zerknitterte Schuhspitzen, zersägte, plattgetretene, zerquetschte Schuhe, verlorene Schuhe, Schuhbäume etc. Jede andere Diskussion oder Fotos im Zusammenhang mit Schuhen oder Stiefeln oder andere Arten von Schuhen, missbraucht oder nicht, ist willkommen.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

shoebrain

Before and after pics

Post by shoebrain »

Does anyone else do this? I try to take pictures of the shoes before they have been worn, then after getting muddy, abused or destroyed. I have quite a few, heels, sandals, and flats. Sorry no boots! I will post a few at a time, let me know if you want me to keep it going.
Attachments
073.JPG
074.JPG
075.JPG
077.JPG
078.JPG
079.JPG
080.JPG
081.JPG
082.JPG
083.JPG
erv2u

Re: Before and after pics

Post by erv2u »

I like the pictures of the vintage shoes and abuse. Thanks for posting on the forum,
shoebrain

Post by shoebrain »

I guess I am getting old, I like the style from the 1980-1990's. Not a fan of all of the hooker shoes now days.
Attachments
094.JPG
093.JPG
092.JPG
091.JPG
090.JPG
089.JPG
088.JPG
086.JPG
085.JPG
084.JPG
erv2u

Post by erv2u »

Poor old shoes. Thanks

Post by 001 »

I would like but destroying old shoes feels so sad. Thing is that it is harder and harder to find nice quality vintage shoes so the ones I have I love and cherish and would not dream of damaging them.
If they were new cheapish common modern pumps, then they could still be sexy, destroyed, enjoyed, whatever, without the worry of destroying an irreplaceable vintage artifact.
vector

Post by vector »

001 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:26 pm I would like but destroying old shoes feels so sad. Thing is that it is harder and harder to find nice quality vintage shoes so the ones I have I love and cherish and would not dream of damaging them.
If they were new cheapish common modern pumps, then they could still be sexy, destroyed, enjoyed, whatever, without the worry of destroying an irreplaceable vintage artifact.
In recent years there seem to be a move back to moderate, well made shoes.
I like the offerings from brands like Everlane as they are simple, well made with good leather and not too expensive. This means they resell from normal used shoes price unlike real designer brands like Gucci.

One thing they are better than vintage shoes is that they have full leather lining, many from 80-90s had textile.
shoebrain

Post by shoebrain »

Some of these pics are from 20-30 years ago, hence the poor quality of some of the pics. I have been going through my floppy disks and saving them to a hard drive.