Cowboy Boots

Any type of shoe abuse. Broken heels, well worn shoes, scuffed shoes, torn shoes, shoes run over by cars, shoes dragged on the ground, crinkled pointy toes, shoes sawed in half, shoes run over by cars, lost shoes, shoe trees, trample, crush, etc. Any other discussion or photos having to do with shoes, boots or other footwear, abused or not, is welcome.

Alle Arten von Schuh-Missbrauch. Abgebrochene Absätze, sehr getragene, abgenutzte, verschlissene, zerissene, überfahrene Schuhe. Schuhe über den Boden gerschliffen, zerknitterte Schuhspitzen, zersägte, plattgetretene, zerquetschte Schuhe, verlorene Schuhe, Schuhbäume etc. Jede andere Diskussion oder Fotos im Zusammenhang mit Schuhen oder Stiefeln oder andere Arten von Schuhen, missbraucht oder nicht, ist willkommen.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

Diogenes

Cowboy Boots

Post by Diogenes »

Had another outing in my light brown high heeled cowboy boots recently. Every time bar one that I've worn them they've 'accidentally' got wet inside and when I came to put them on this time for a good mudding and wading walk, the nylon lining made a tearing sound and crumpled into a ball under my heel so I couldn't get my boot on properly. There was only one real solution, I got hold of the loose end of the lining and pulled very hard, with a ripping, tearing noise the lining came away from the inside of my boot and came out in my hand. It had originally been cream coloured, but it was dirty brown and mud stained.
Now I could get my boot on easily - the removing of the lining made it feel about a size bigger and it slopped around on my foot as I walked, when I got to the mud I could feel the boot sticking and my foot sliding up into the leg with every step - a bit like wearing mules. Of course when I got to the deep mud my boot stuck in and sank up to the calf, I stepped forward and left my boot behind, plunging my white sock into the deep mud almost before I realised. Making sure I had as much mud on my foot as I could I pushed it back into my boot. The mud acted like oil in my boot, and it got even more slippy, so I walked out of it several more times.
Eventually my left boot had about as much mud inside it as there was on the outside, so it was time for a clean up - the nearest puddle turned out to be about an inch deeper then my boots, so I had to walk in, fill them up, pour the muddy water out and repeat. I don't know if they got any cleaner but they were soon sodden and starting to crumple around my ankles. Eventually I walked out with them full of water and squelched off with the water slopping out of the tops.

They took a week to dry, but when they had I looked at them, nothing wrong with the lining on the right boot, but I ripped it out just the same, next time I'll be able to see how much mud I can get into both of them...
Puddleboy

Post by Puddleboy »

Is this an expensive pair of boots? Usually the inside lining doesn't come out that easily, unless the boots are being heavily abused and/or are just worn out.

..... pb
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Got some new boots today - another pair of pull on cowboys - but in a bigger size - and only a tenner in the sales. On the way home I was thinking - as the legs are longer there's less chance of going over the tops, so I can leave my old boots for that as they're shorter in the leg - and disgustingly filthy when you put them next to the new ones

Anyway - I thought I ought to just test them out so I stood in a sinkfull of water and - guess what - they leak! So it doesn't matter about not going over the tops in the puddles - they'll be soaking inside anyway. Going to try and get to some mud tomorrow - I'll report on developments - brand new boots in woodland mud and puddles - Can't wait!