High Heel Race after its over

Any type of shoe abuse. Broken heels, well worn shoes, scuffed shoes, torn shoes, shoes run over by cars, shoes dragged on the ground, crinkled pointy toes, shoes sawed in half, shoes run over by cars, lost shoes, shoe trees, trample, crush, etc. Any other discussion or photos having to do with shoes, boots or other footwear, abused or not, is welcome.

Alle Arten von Schuh-Missbrauch. Abgebrochene Absätze, sehr getragene, abgenutzte, verschlissene, zerissene, überfahrene Schuhe. Schuhe über den Boden gerschliffen, zerknitterte Schuhspitzen, zersägte, plattgetretene, zerquetschte Schuhe, verlorene Schuhe, Schuhbäume etc. Jede andere Diskussion oder Fotos im Zusammenhang mit Schuhen oder Stiefeln oder andere Arten von Schuhen, missbraucht oder nicht, ist willkommen.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

Scuffy

High Heel Race after its over

Post by Scuffy »

Greetings.

I always wonder what the shoes look like after a high heel race.

How damage are the shoes? What happens to them? Do most end up being thrown away?

How does the dumpster or garbage bin looks like after the race? Is it litter with worn out and broken high heels? What about the sidewalk and streets, lots of shoes and garbage lying around?

Has anyone been to a major high heel race? Have any photos of the shoes afterward?

:D
Scuffy
Trashy

Re: High Heel Race after its over

Post by Trashy »

I'm guessing there all fine, races are fairly short.
I'm Trashed
erv2u

Post by erv2u »

After the men race
pic3crop.jpg
pic2crop.jpg
erv2u

Post by erv2u »

Shot0jk004.jpg
Scuffy

Post by Scuffy »

erv2u wrote:
Shot0jk004.jpg
Thank you for the photos.

This look like a is a women race. Which race was this from? Place, time, who sponsor it? I know there are many of them.

I would guess from the photo that erv2u submitted, not all the high heels survive the race. My guess is some high heels would be worn out, scuffed, or even broken, or abandon after the race, while some would be find, and may live to see another race.
Last edited by Scuffy on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scuffy
Scuffy

Post by Scuffy »

Here is a video of a high heel race. After the race, two girls are saying something about their shoes. I think one of them is showing the tape marks, maybe a rip or something. Maybe they are saying how ruined their shoes are. I don't speak Danish, so I don't know. Perhaps someone can translate what they are saying please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH5sozENLe4

The race was in Copenhagen, Denmark, 2013. It was sponsor by Veet.
Scuffy
NiceShoes

Post by NiceShoes »

Awesome, I would love to go watch that and clean up all the heels after the event!
The messier the better!!
http://clips4sale.com/store/31043