Guess Sandals

Any type of shoe abuse. Broken heels, well worn shoes, scuffed shoes, torn shoes, shoes run over by cars, shoes dragged on the ground, crinkled pointy toes, shoes sawed in half, shoes run over by cars, lost shoes, shoe trees, trample, crush, etc. Any other discussion or photos having to do with shoes, boots or other footwear, abused or not, is welcome.

Alle Arten von Schuh-Missbrauch. Abgebrochene Absätze, sehr getragene, abgenutzte, verschlissene, zerissene, überfahrene Schuhe. Schuhe über den Boden gerschliffen, zerknitterte Schuhspitzen, zersägte, plattgetretene, zerquetschte Schuhe, verlorene Schuhe, Schuhbäume etc. Jede andere Diskussion oder Fotos im Zusammenhang mit Schuhen oder Stiefeln oder andere Arten von Schuhen, missbraucht oder nicht, ist willkommen.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

the_magic_shoes

Guess Sandals

Post by the_magic_shoes »

I bought a friend a pair of these three weeks ago tomorrow. I gave them to her with the explicit instruction to beat the crap out of them this summer. She laughed and said, "OK!" She's been camping all week in them, as I know they were the only shoes she took. Hope to get pictures this weekend. I saw them Monday, and the logo is worn off the tops and bottoms, and the bows are starting to fray.
http://www.shoecarnival.com/womens-g-by ... /82298.scp
KAWM

Re: Guess Sandals

Post by KAWM »

I can't wait to see what they look like now! So when she's done with them, what's going to happen to them, are you going to get them back?
the_magic_shoes

I haven't been able to get a clear minute yet to take a picture, but the back part of the sole is worn enough you can see the imprint of the heel assembly. She was helping me take carpeting out of one of her bedrooms last night, and had them on the whole time, getting them dirty. The plan is to exchange them, yes.
KAWM

Post by KAWM »

That's awesome! How'd you wind up approaching your friend with the idea of you buying her shoes to beat up? What are you going to do with the sandals when you get them?
the_magic_shoes

I've known her all my life, and she has always worn great designer shoes. She is hard on her shoes/boots, wearing them past the heel. I originally bought her a pair of Reebok Pheehans to wear at a snack bar job at the beginning of the summer. I asked her about buying them, "New job, new shoes" kind of thing. She said, "oh, you must have a foot fetish". I asked if she was OK with that, and she stated she didn't have a problem. In addition to the sandals, I also bought her these: http://www.shoecarnival.com/womens-band ... /81371.scp
and these: http://www.shoecarnival.com/womens-y-no ... /82336.scp

She came over, and I had the sandals posed on top of the bar, underneath a light. I had given her the Reeboks to her a few weeks previous. She took off her beat up pair of wedge flip flops she was wearing, and put on the Guess sandals, and we went out. About the only thing that would've been better is if the bar we went to had a band that night, so I could see her dancing in them.

As to what the plans are for these, I have always had an interest in animating pairs of shoes, and "dancing" them to music
KAWM

Post by KAWM »

That's awesome that she knows and she's cool with it. Did you get to keep her beat up wedge sandals or did she take those? As for the animated shoes, that sounds like an interesting idea!
the_magic_shoes

No, I figured she would want to keep them in case the Guess sandals didn't work out. She put the wedge sandals in a bag and took them with us. I've done the shoe animation with other pairs of shoes I have borrowed from another friend, but I gave them back. I've used a pair of black socks or black gloves over my hands, and gripped the heels to make them "dance", with a black background behind me. Plans are with future shoes to drill a small hole in the heel, insert a flexible rod bent at a 90 degree angle, and if needed, score the soles to add greater flexibility. Keep the straps of sandals upright using either a thin strip of plastic, or pins. I stuff the insides of sneakers with tissues, and keep them unlaced. I prefer using worn shoes as that gives character. I've never seen this addressed on this forum, so I don't know if others have the same interest.