I AM ANGRY!!! SPAM SPAM SPAM!!!

Feel free to discuss anything in here. Moderators, please move off topic posts to here. Spam is not welcome here though.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, ambershotheels

Thys

Post by Thys »

There are at least six moderators at this forum. Indeed, we need to have a new geristration method. No posting for three days for noobs or only after aproval.
Heelexploder

Post by Heelexploder »

Ok I must speak.

Yes for the most part the spam has went off the scale.

I am only but on person who actually hasnt been home for afew days.

Now Wetshoe has been quite generous at making this forum, and making it free first of all.

second of all Matty69er will meet my size 22 steeltoe if any of these spammers turn out to be him

the spammer issue will be dealt with, and I'm sure wetshoe has quite a busy personal life, and for that matter hes quite restrained on time, so please give him some slack when it comes to the forum.

what he could use is a second admin to assist him.

and acouple cases of beer for his ever exhausting job of taking photos of kitty :P(inside joke)
Last edited by Heelexploder on Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moderator.

The slave of wetshoe (he is god!)

"Just when I thought people couldn't get any stupider I'm proven horribly wrong"

Thank you for supporting wethighheels.com

Official Spammer Executor since 2005

Spammers killed-100 :D
Thys

Post by Thys »

Oops. Hope you haven't taken anything personal. The forum itself is of course fantastic and I'm glad it excists, but maybe we should have more mods on the forum in multiple time zones. I don't expect Wetshoe or any of the other mods to be here round the clock. I'm well aware there's something else around...

... and that's called life.

Appreciate the good work you all do.

Heelexploder wrote:
what he could use is a second admin to assist him.

Is the admin the only person who can ban people or have mods the same power?
bigj3650

Post by bigj3650 »

mods can only delete posts, edit posts and move posts

admins can ban members by ip or by name and other cool things

when i was a mod i was here literally NEARLY 24/7
Wetshoe
Site Admin

Post by Wetshoe »

its gotten so bad that simply removing the spammers manually doesnt seem to do the trick any more. when i have time i will make some updates and changes to the forum to control the spamming. please understand that i do this in my spare time. i do have regular work to do like everyone else.

please keep this in mind. although i choose to let the members of this forum post just about anything they like, that does not mean that i will not ban members who say bad things about the admin (me). the only reason i have ever removed mod rights is when the mod consistently got into problems with other people in the forum.

i am going to lock this topic now because i feel it is a waste of everyone's time. the spam bots surely dont care about it.
Heelexploder

Post by Heelexploder »

ahem u forgot mods can still reply :P

well said boss, well said
Moderator.

The slave of wetshoe (he is god!)

"Just when I thought people couldn't get any stupider I'm proven horribly wrong"

Thank you for supporting wethighheels.com

Official Spammer Executor since 2005

Spammers killed-100 :D