Keds vs. Converse

Feel free to discuss anything in here. Moderators, please move off topic posts to here. Spam is not welcome here though.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, ambershotheels

TrashedAbusedShoes

Keds vs. Converse

Post by TrashedAbusedShoes »

So, what's your preference? What do you like to see more in an abused state?

I'm torn (I know... good choice of wording, considering the topic.) I used to be obsessed with Keds, maybe because of the way they wear down over time. The canvas gets all soft and frayed, and begins to tear where the foot flexes, and there's almost always a hole near the big toes. The soles get smooth and wear thin, and usually start to separate from the uppers around the ball of the foot and the back of the heel (where the blue Keds logo usually starts to fall off). And for some reason, the shoes don't seem to hold their shape very well. Near the ball of the foot, the shoes start to bulge out, even if the wearer doesn't walk on the sides of her feet. It's almost predicable how a pair of Keds ages over time.

Converse, on the other hand, are usually more sturdy, but I've seen them rip apart, almost to the point where they're ready to fall off the foot, but something keeps them together. I once had a pair I bought from someone online that apparently wore them for years and they were held together with duct tape that looked ready to fall apart as well. They were full of holes and the soles looked as though they'd self-destruct after another few steps. I gave them to a female friend to enjoy and she lost them... big mistake on my part.

What's your preference?
Join me as I explore the realm of trashed and abused women's shoes:
http://trashedabusedshoes.blogspot.com/