Advice for a confused Shoe-lover

Feel free to discuss anything in here. Moderators, please move off topic posts to here. Spam is not welcome here though.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, ambershotheels

Erinh

Re: Advice for a confused Shoe-lover

Post by Erinh »

sophie_loves_shoes wrote:Its as adictive as buying the shoes, trust me!

How about you post pictures of your shoes. Post your 5 favourite shoes and let the forum deceide which ones u mess, and then potentially abuse. Then you dont have to deceide which pair....

Soph xx
Thank you for the suggestion. Ill think about it and if I want to probably make another thread with the picture in the morning. But i want to be absolutely sure that Im doing it before posting!

So do you think that I need to try both messy and abuse to really understand the subject? I know that getting the shoes messy gives me a chance to clean them and wear them again, while abuse means actually ruining them?
Tempic

Post by Tempic »

Abuse doesn't have to mean total destruction, it just means doing anything that leaves a mark on them...
love_prada_and_gucci

Post by love_prada_and_gucci »

Erinh wrote: So do you think that I need to try both messy and abuse to really understand the subject? I know that getting the shoes messy gives me a chance to clean them and wear them again, while abuse means actually ruining them?
If you want to give a try, yes, I suggest to try both, but if you don't want to "destroy" a pair of shoes you really like, don't abuse them. In my case, it took years to convince me to destroy a single pair, but it's quite a rush! :) To get them messy, I suggest to take products that they are easy to clean, like whipped cream or shaving cream. Then, if the pair you want to get messy are old or at the end of their life, you can use other products. To abuse them, like Tempic said, you don't need to destroy them literally. You can scuff them by using sharp objects, bend the heels, etc.

And doing this on expensive heels is really a rush of adrenaline. Because, they are produced in limited quantities, they are expensive (of course) and it's almost a crime to destroy them *LOL* :)
LP&G (Love_Prada_And_Gucci)
Wetshoe
Site Admin

Post by Wetshoe »

Its easy to start. Next time its raining hard, put on a sexy pair of heels and go to work or do whatever you do all day. Will give you something fun to pay attention to all day. May also be fun to catch guys looking.
baum

Post by baum »

Wetshoe wrote:Its easy to start. Next time its raining hard, put on a sexy pair of heels and go to work or do whatever you do all day. Will give you something fun to pay attention to all day. May also be fun to catch guys looking.
That's actually the best advice to try things out for the first time.

I'm most interested in specific trainer/sneaker models but also some boots and recently heels as well. They don't have to be expensive, but they should look "decent" - and from what I can say about the shoes of my current and former partners, heels and flats should at least be of a mid-range quality (and price), else I'm really not a fan of them. They smell like chemicals, don't feel nice and look cheap.

As wetshoe mentioned, just wear a pair which you like but you wouldn't wear to a formal event anymore and be a little less careful than normal. It rains? So what. There's a huge puddle? Oh my... let's see how high the platform really is. Oh no, you're going to the beach and are wearing your beloved heels? Well, tough luck. You get the idea. :) The fun part should be that you'll feel being naughty, that you're doing something which is socially questioned (what would your coursemates say if they saw you wearing your expensive heels being all muddy - the type that keeps them in pristine condition?) etc. You can feel like a child again - one which is curious, wants to have fun and doesn't care so much about social restrictions.

In fact, I think it's the girls' perspective on life which I'm also attracted to. Shoes (and clothes) are an object to them. One which shouldn't hinder them to do something fun. To try new things. To be active and do something, not just sit on the couch all weekend. Eventually, your shoes will show "scars". It tells something about their owner, doesn't it? You're studying fashion, you might be able to relate to that part. After all, think about e.g. Converse - there's a lot of people saying that they have to look dirty. Why? Same about jeans. About Doc Martens. And it's exactly the opposite about expensive heels and boots. It's perception, it's about own branding, about representing a certain picture of yourself. What do you think when seeing a well-dressed girl in good-looking and expensive clothes but scuffed heels? You could think of what horrible incident happened to her heels just now. Or you could diss her for not having enough money to buy new shoes. Or could you not also think of it as a fashion statement? :)
pumpfancier

Post by pumpfancier »

Wetshoe and Baum have got it right. Just wear your shoes outdoors in wet and muddy conditions. No reason to wreck them; just accelerate the `wear and tear' that would happen naturally anyway. You can gradually become more adventuresome in this if you want to, or restrict it to certain pairs, keeping others looking pristine.

PF
NiceShoes

Post by NiceShoes »

To Erinh
jus try sum messy food stuff like salad dressing, whip cream, ice cream, cheese dip, sum pie, but if u use any kind of cream with milk in it wash your shoes really really good after. but jus try it and after u do it if u feel that u need to abuse them more then i would LOVE to c u step on them with another pair on your feet, i think u will love it too jus like the rest of us on this site. my woman of 4 years now didnt now any thing about this fetish befor she met me and now she loves doing it aswell, so jus try it for your first time and plz keep us posted about the fun u had doing it.

thank u and happy shoeplay!
The messier the better!!
http://clips4sale.com/store/31043