Help identifying shoes origins?

Boots and shoes getting wet, muddy or messy in various ways. Ladies, want to show off your beautiful shoes? Nowhere in the world will they be appreciated more! Registering will enable many helpful features, and its free.

Stiefel und Schuhe werden auf unterschiedliche Art und Weise nass, matschig und schmutzig gemacht. Ladies, möchtet ihr eure schönen Schuhe zeigen? Nirgendwo auf der Welt werden sie mehr geschätzt als hier. Registriert euch kostenlos und aktiviert viele hilfreiche Funktionen.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

Help identifying shoes origins?

Post by 001 »

Hello,

I hope that no-one is offended by me posting in here and asking this question, it is after-all about shoes and they have just got wet although not particularly messy.

I have been going through my shoe collection that has built up over the years as I finally have some time available to catalogue it all. There are a couple of older pairs that I am not familiar with there origins. I mean I know where I got them from, but not where they are from originally.

This morning I was washing an old pair of suede heels that I have had for over 25 years now. They looked quite old when I got them mind you and now they look positively ancient. I was washing them as I intend to photograph them so they can be indexed on my computer in a database I am building. (I have around 300 pairs to do.)

Anyway, they have a makers name on them which appears to read as Mahi-Ferrer of Santa Eulalia del Rio. Now I have Googled this and found that Santa Eulalia del Rio is down south in Spain, (I am in the UK) but the name does not come up. The nearest I could find was someone just using the name Ferrer which admittedly appears to be in this area, but he does not look old enough to be a designer for these heels. Once more I have Googled the shoes made by him but they all appear to be quite new.

So if I post a photo is it likely anyone here will know if this is the same manufacturer or at least the same company or even someone who may be an expert of Spanish Shoes who may just know something else about them, like when they were made and where?

I was going to post this in the Spanish forum over on the other side but as it is more wet and not doing dirty stuff and also I don't speak Spanish I did not want to offend them. I hope you understand and sorry if you feel my asking for your help is inappropriate.