(Update) Wife's first Christian Louboutin : Pigalle 100MM

As requested, this forum is for high heels in general, whether still new and shiny or worn and dirty but not dirty enough to be considered abused. This is also the place to show off your candid photos and street shots of high heels.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

love_prada_and_gucci

(Update) Wife's first Christian Louboutin : Pigalle 100MM

Post by love_prada_and_gucci »

Hi everyone,

What a nice opportunity to practice my english a little. I have begun advanced english courses in order to improve my skills. And, one way for me to pratice is to share my passion about high heels shoes in this forum, which I was registered since 2003. (9 years! WOW)

My wife and I will celebrate our 13th anniversary and I always wanted to give to her something special. Three years ago, I purchased a pair of Gucci (created by Tom Ford. Pewter, 4 inches of heels. Metal stiletto... The same pair shown in the WAMShoe video #1 (http://www.wethighheels.com/t1.html). Since I saw this pair totally ruined on this website, I said : "I must find the same pair for my wife". Took about 6 years to find on ebay this famous pair of Gucci (I have the same model in black too, but the pewter one is much nicer than the black, in my point of view).

So, like I told you, I wanted to give to my wife something really special... So, what about a pair of Christian Louboutin? I always love the Pigalle style. About the heel height, they are available in 4 sizes differents (75MM, 85MM, 100MM and 120MM). The most popular (and the most difficult to walk in) is the 120MM, but I much prefer the 100MM (the same heel height than the Alexis's Pigalle you saw on this forum or videos).

She received them about a week ago. I purchased them at Barneys New York online. With the duty and shipping, those shoes cost more than 800$ Canadian. I had the chance today to take some pictures of them. Hope you'll like it! :)
Christian Louboutin Pigalle 100MM (the box)
Christian Louboutin Pigalle 100MM (the box)
Christian Louboutin Pigalle 100MM (shoes in the box). Dust bag and heels tips bag
Christian Louboutin Pigalle 100MM (shoes in the box). Dust bag and heels tips bag
Christian Louboutin Pigalle 100MM
Last edited by love_prada_and_gucci on Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
LP&G (Love_Prada_And_Gucci)
josephine

Re: Wife's first Christian Louboutin : Pigalle 100MM

Post by josephine »

Oo! Look at the pretty Loubee lou's!

I'm still waiting for my first pair!

Hubby did buy a pair awhile back off eBay brand new and 41 alas too small!

Good things come to those that wait. :-)

Very nice lp.

Josephine.x
'It doesn't matter what you are wearing-If you have good shoes and a good bag, you'll look right.'

Tamara Yeardye-President of Jimmy Choo.
love_prada_and_gucci

josephine wrote:Oo! Look at the pretty Loubee lou's!

I'm still waiting for my first pair!

Hubby did buy a pair awhile back off eBay brand new and 41 alas too small!

Good things come to those that wait. :-)

Very nice lp.

Josephine.x
Do you remember the model of Christian Louboutin your hubby offered to you? Because purchasing Christian Louboutin shoes is really, but really difficult, because depend on the style you want, you must deal with the guiding fit. For my wife, if I followed the sizing fit guide suggested by Christian Louboutin Website, the shoes will be too small. I followed the sizing fit guide from Saks Fifth Avenue and PurseForum and they fit perfectly.

My wife wears 6.5US (based on her favorite pair of high heels from Guess by Marciano "Carrie"). Most of Aldo high heels shoes doesn't have shoes in half size, so depend on the style, I'm used to purchase for her shoes in size 7 or 37. For the "Capecoral" model (5 inches heels with plateform), I took a size 38, because they really runs smaller than usual.

For those Christian Louboutin (Pigalle 100MM), on the Christian Louboutin website, they said that they run "True size", but I took half a size up and they fit perfectly! If I choosed the true size, my wife will be not able to walk in them at all. For the Elisa 100MM (I received them TODAY :)) HOURRAY!), they run true size too based on the Christian Louboutin website, but I took half a size up too. I will give that pair in december for Christmas.

:)
love_prada_and_gucci

By the way, if you like this model very much and you want to pursade your hubby, they are available in size 42 and the International shipping is available :)

http://www.barneys.com/Christian-Loubou ... le&index=2

This is the online boutique where I purchased those Christian Louboutin Pigalle 100MM.

For the Elisa 100MM, I purchased them directly at the Christian Louboutin Online Store.

If you want to see the Elisa 100MM, I attached a picture of this pair (pictures token from the Christian Louboutin website)
Christian Louboutin Elisa 100MM Black Kid
Dead Spikes

Post by Dead Spikes »

WOW !!! :shock:

I can almost feel and smell the soft leather. :) A dream would come true to have a pair of Louboutins in my own collection, but currently they are far beyond my budget. :cry:

By the way many thanks to Wetshoe for this new section. I am starting to love it more and more. :D

Greetings
DS
love_prada_and_gucci

Dead Spikes wrote:WOW !!! :shock:

I can almost feel and smell the soft leather. :) A dream would come true to have a pair of Louboutins in my own collection, but currently they are far beyond my budget. :cry:

By the way many thanks to Wetshoe for this new section. I am starting to love it more and more. :D

Greetings
DS
Oh yes, Christian Louboutin shoes are really expensive but they worth the price! The leather is amazingly soft and the red sole is SO shiny. For me, Christian Louboutin Pigalle 100MM is the most beautiful high heels shoes created (ex aequo with Gucci Scarpa Elegante Anthracite). Here some pictures of her Gucci high heels shoes I took discreetly ;) (while I was doing a photoshoot with her).
My wife wearing Gucci Scarpa Elegante Anthracite
Sorry about the blur part. This was added intentionally by me

So... This month costed me an arm and a leg. Imagine purchasing not one, but TWO pairs (an average of 800$ each pair). And this month, for my wife, because she gave birth of my second son (the third will be a girl, I hope *LOL*), I really wanted also to express my feeling about how I love her. So, I purchased two pairs of Christian Louboutin (the second one (Elisa 100MM), I will give them only for Christmas, because if I give this pair now, I will be dead for sure *LOL) with... "FIVE" pairs of Aldo and "ONE" pair of Sketchers... . I renewed her shoes closet and I don't plan to purchase shoes for a LONG time :) (except for my own shoes collection).

Christian Louboutin high heels shoes are an investment (if you don't abuse them of course), because the quality of crafting is exceptional. Also, classics styles (like Pigalle or Elisa) will not be out of fashion. My wife can wear those Christian Louboutin heels with Jean, a nice dress, leggings, etc. They match all her outfits.

A collegue of mine, a nice girl, asked me how I purchased two pairs of Christian Louboutin. I replied to her that I created a saving account for shoes. When I receive a bonus, I transfered my money into this account. And when I'll be ready to purchase them, I will proceed. This collegue purchase about 10 or 20 pairs per month! (She's really a shoe addict). I told her : "instead of purchasing 20 pairs this month at "Call it spring" (an Aldo sub company), collect your money to purchase ONLY one pair of Christian Louboutin. She promised to purchase her first pair this month! Stay tuned :)

In Germany, the price of those Pigalle 100MM is 425 Euro (about 548$ Canadian). It's still expensive, for sure, but at this price range, they are more "accessible" (don't sure about the word here). For me, if I would purchase a pair, I must pay the duty fee and the shipping each time I purchase a pair. By chance, duty fee at Christian Louboutin online store are less expensive than purchasing the same pair on Saks or Barneys of New York. Both stores uses a duty broker and charges are expensive.

I visited the Holt Renfew store in Montreal (they sell only designers shoes, accessories and clothes) and they doesn't have the Pigalle or Elisa in their inventory. They can't order those models too... So, If I want the Pigalle and Elisa, the only way for me is to purchase them online. The sales representative at Holt Renfew showed me the Christian Louboutin Corneille, which is similar to the Pigalle (tagged at 675$ canadian), but I didn't like the toes box cut.

I hope soon to be able to do a photoshoot with my wife wearning those Christian Louboutin Pigalle. It's sure I will post pictures of that session. But, I can't tell when I will do such a photoshoot. Baby 2.0 takes lot of our time *LOL* :)

It's time for me to prepare the breakfast for my wife and my son!
Have a nice day!

LP&G
Last edited by love_prada_and_gucci on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
love_prada_and_gucci

Oh! I mentioned that I purchased 5 pairs of Aldo, but I forgot to add pictures of them.
Aldo Fravel (black)
Aldo Fravel (black)
Aldo Fravel (white)
Aldo Fravel (white)
Aldo Capecoral (bone)
Aldo Capecoral (bone)
Aldo Shakin (black)
Aldo Shakin (black)
Aldo Caradonna (black)
Aldo Caradonna (black)
(Pictures are taken from the Aldo website). I will be able to take some pictures of them soon (but not modeled by my wife)