Disassembly of my mother's summer high heeled shoes.

Any type of shoe abuse. Broken heels, well worn shoes, scuffed shoes, torn shoes, shoes run over by cars, shoes dragged on the ground, crinkled pointy toes, shoes sawed in half, shoes run over by cars, lost shoes, shoe trees, trample, crush, etc. Any other discussion or photos having to do with shoes, boots or other footwear, abused or not, is welcome.

Alle Arten von Schuh-Missbrauch. Abgebrochene Absätze, sehr getragene, abgenutzte, verschlissene, zerissene, überfahrene Schuhe. Schuhe über den Boden gerschliffen, zerknitterte Schuhspitzen, zersägte, plattgetretene, zerquetschte Schuhe, verlorene Schuhe, Schuhbäume etc. Jede andere Diskussion oder Fotos im Zusammenhang mit Schuhen oder Stiefeln oder andere Arten von Schuhen, missbraucht oder nicht, ist willkommen.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

hogl

Disassembly of my mother's summer high heeled shoes.

Post by hogl »

In the summer, she often wears these shoes. So much so that the insole lost color and began to peel off.Under it, the heel screws became clearly visible.
ImageIMG_4987 by Heelsphoto, on Flickr
ImageIMG_4989 by Heelsphoto, on Flickr

Re: Disassembly of my mother's summer high heeled shoes.

Post by 001 »

I have tried various times to undo those screws In Different brands but the only result has been the knurling of the screw heads! It is ßo frustrating that they do not come out that cleanly.
vector

Post by vector »

001 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:46 am I have tried various times to undo those screws In Different brands but the only result has been the knurling of the screw heads! It is ßo frustrating that they do not come out that cleanly.
Sometime they are only designed to screw in once to hold the heel and not to be removed again. Applied with very high torque in the factory.
hogl

Post by hogl »

I took a screwdriver and got to work. Not immediately, but the first screw gave up.
ImageIMG_4991 by Heelsphoto, on Flickr
ImageIMG_4992 by Heelsphoto, on Flickr
hogl

Post by hogl »

The second and third screw followed him, but the heel still held.
ImageIMG_4993 by Heelsphoto, on Flickr
ImageIMG_4994 by Heelsphoto, on Flickr
ImageIMG_4996 by Heelsphoto, on Flickr
LilyAndrews

Post by LilyAndrews »

Stick the insole back on and let a your mother wear it. The heel will probably come of
hogl

Post by hogl »

But it was worth a good pull, and the heel broke off with a crunch)

ImageIMG_4997 by Heelsphoto, on Flickr
ImageIMG_4998 by Heelsphoto, on Flickr