sticky gum

Any type of shoe abuse. Broken heels, well worn shoes, scuffed shoes, torn shoes, shoes run over by cars, shoes dragged on the ground, crinkled pointy toes, shoes sawed in half, shoes run over by cars, lost shoes, shoe trees, trample, crush, etc. Any other discussion or photos having to do with shoes, boots or other footwear, abused or not, is welcome.

Alle Arten von Schuh-Missbrauch. Abgebrochene Absätze, sehr getragene, abgenutzte, verschlissene, zerissene, überfahrene Schuhe. Schuhe über den Boden gerschliffen, zerknitterte Schuhspitzen, zersägte, plattgetretene, zerquetschte Schuhe, verlorene Schuhe, Schuhbäume etc. Jede andere Diskussion oder Fotos im Zusammenhang mit Schuhen oder Stiefeln oder andere Arten von Schuhen, missbraucht oder nicht, ist willkommen.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

sticky gum

Post by Guest »

Hi all
The other day i had a bit of an experience by accident and decided today to post it.

It was two days ago I think after a long day at work. I was driving home from the office very tired and wanting to sleep. I had the whole suit thing with the knee length skirt and black knee high boots with a 3 inch stiletto heel I think. I absolutely love these boots and try to keep them as shiny and new as possible but not today. After getting home I got inside and got a cup of tea. It was a very hot day so I sat out in the garden on the bench next to the lawn. I was enjoying my cup of tea till I finished it and got up and went to go inside. But as I went I suddenly heard a squishing sound as I stepped down and felt something under my feet. I slowly lifted my foot and say a huge wad of gun stretching still clinging to my boot. I instantly shouted ?yuck gross.? And started to try and scrape it off on the path but it had been sitting on the hot path and wouldn?t let go. And then I accidentally stood in it with my other boot but it was only the heel that went into it. I pulled my heel out of it but It clung to that as well. I was staggering about trying to get it off my boots and in the end ended up stepping in the dirt and my heels sank down. So then I just walked in with muddy heels and gum still sticking to my boots.

It took ages to get that stuff off. Dam I hate gum but my boots are fine.
Shoeshag

Post by Shoeshag »

I like the part when your boot sunk in the mud, never been in to gum realy. But hey u should try some wadding in those boots. :D
Wetshoe
Site Admin

Post by Wetshoe »

funny, kitty stepped in some gum a couple of days ago. after trying to scrape it off on the sidewalk there were little strings of it from the heel of her shoe to the sole. she got some napkins from a pizza place, leaned on a railing and picked the gum off. seemed like every guy that walked by was looking for some reason. it all happened too fast for me to get a camera though.
Puddleboy

Post by Puddleboy »

Another way to remove gum is to cut it out. This sometimes removes part of the sole too.

Through observation of studying shoes most of my life, I've found that some people just let it harden. This leaves a black glob on the sole, which can be very interesting looking.

I used to chew gum on my street hikes. Always tried to spit it out in front of a bank or an office building. Somewhere I knew women who wore dressy shoes could step in it. :twisted:

..... pb
Love Stuck Stilettos

Re: sticky gum

Post by Love Stuck Stilettos »

Nice little story. If you have anymore like this I'd love to hear them. I love stuck high heel shoes and boots.

Anonymous wrote:Hi all
The other day i had a bit of an experience by accident and decided today to post it.

It was two days ago I think after a long day at work. I was driving home from the office very tired and wanting to sleep. I had the whole suit thing with the knee length skirt and black knee high boots with a 3 inch stiletto heel I think. I absolutely love these boots and try to keep them as shiny and new as possible but not today. After getting home I got inside and got a cup of tea. It was a very hot day so I sat out in the garden on the bench next to the lawn. I was enjoying my cup of tea till I finished it and got up and went to go inside. But as I went I suddenly heard a squishing sound as I stepped down and felt something under my feet. I slowly lifted my foot and say a huge wad of gun stretching still clinging to my boot. I instantly shouted ?yuck gross.? And started to try and scrape it off on the path but it had been sitting on the hot path and wouldn?t let go. And then I accidentally stood in it with my other boot but it was only the heel that went into it. I pulled my heel out of it but It clung to that as well. I was staggering about trying to get it off my boots and in the end ended up stepping in the dirt and my heels sank down. So then I just walked in with muddy heels and gum still sticking to my boots.

It took ages to get that stuff off. Dam I hate gum but my boots are fine.
Love Stuck Stilettos

Post by Love Stuck Stilettos »

Any chance she will post the whole detailed story here for us to read? I'd love to hear about it from her perspective.

Wetshoe wrote:funny, kitty stepped in some gum a couple of days ago. after trying to scrape it off on the sidewalk there were little strings of it from the heel of her shoe to the sole. she got some napkins from a pizza place, leaned on a railing and picked the gum off. seemed like every guy that walked by was looking for some reason. it all happened too fast for me to get a camera though.