On Going Saga of the HHDS Re-Vamp

Any type of shoe abuse. Broken heels, well worn shoes, scuffed shoes, torn shoes, shoes run over by cars, shoes dragged on the ground, crinkled pointy toes, shoes sawed in half, shoes run over by cars, lost shoes, shoe trees, trample, crush, etc. Any other discussion or photos having to do with shoes, boots or other footwear, abused or not, is welcome.

Alle Arten von Schuh-Missbrauch. Abgebrochene Absätze, sehr getragene, abgenutzte, verschlissene, zerissene, überfahrene Schuhe. Schuhe über den Boden gerschliffen, zerknitterte Schuhspitzen, zersägte, plattgetretene, zerquetschte Schuhe, verlorene Schuhe, Schuhbäume etc. Jede andere Diskussion oder Fotos im Zusammenhang mit Schuhen oder Stiefeln oder andere Arten von Schuhen, missbraucht oder nicht, ist willkommen.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

Can You View This Page

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 13

Damagedheels.com(hhds)

On Going Saga of the HHDS Re-Vamp

Post by Damagedheels.com(hhds) »

Hi All
OK so the majority of you didnt want to see any Flash on the new site!,so heres another poll...ive started to build another index page,but it includes a fair ammount of Java,please vote Yes or No as to weather you can view the page! Please note only the buttons on the left wiil show as i havent built the rest of the page yet
thanks
HHDS

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE NEW HHDS PAGE
cgrassham

Post by cgrassham »

I can see it and I think its a big improvement over your existing website. Its best to put the links where they are on the new design as they are easier to see.

Are you using frames?
Shoes + deep sticky mud = :)
Sudsey

Post by Sudsey »

Hi hdds.

I checked your page and it loaded fine for me, and it looks like you put a fair amount of work into it.

My advice would be to stay away from client-side Java. It takes too long to download on a dial up line and some users have Java switched off on their browsers.

In my opinion, for what its worth, its far better to stick with client side JavaScript for mouse-overs and the like and leave Java for server side data access / manipulation using servlets and JSP's.

Hope you take this as the friendly advice its meant to be! :)
Damagedheels.com(hhds)

cgrassham wrote:Are you using frames?

Probably not
HHDS
Damagedheels.com(hhds)

Sudsey wrote:Hi hdds.

I checked your page and it loaded fine for me, and it looks like you put a fair amount of work into it.

My advice would be to stay away from client-side Java. It takes too long to download on a dial up line and some users have Java switched off on their browsers.

In my opinion, for what its worth, its far better to stick with client side JavaScript for mouse-overs and the like and leave Java for server side data access / manipulation using servlets and JSP's.

Hope you take this as the friendly advice its meant to be! :)

Hi Sudsey
I use a HTML editor...I dont really understand HTML or Java that much apart from the very basicS of HTML. so a lot of what you said has gone right over my 'ead sorry :oops:
cheers
HHDS
J

Post by J »

Basically what hes says hhd is that there are two sides to jave, the client side takes along time to upload on normal 56k modems, but it better if you are going to have alot of effects when your mouse goes over a button for example (yours gots red so i think that counts as a mouse over)
but the otherside of jave is excelent for data transfer the example used being internet service providers.

but at the end of the day its your website.

and from what i have seen its good, what prgram are you using, dreamweaver/frontpage/ms word...

p.s in my oppinion could you perhaps change the colours or jiggle the settings because it seems a bit dark...
cgrassham

Post by cgrassham »

hhds wrote:
cgrassham wrote:Are you using frames?

Probably not
HHDS

Good, they are the ultimate in web design evil in my opinion!
Shoes + deep sticky mud = :)