Durability of certain footwear brands

Any type of shoe abuse. Broken heels, well worn shoes, scuffed shoes, torn shoes, shoes run over by cars, shoes dragged on the ground, crinkled pointy toes, shoes sawed in half, shoes run over by cars, lost shoes, shoe trees, trample, crush, etc. Any other discussion or photos having to do with shoes, boots or other footwear, abused or not, is welcome.

Alle Arten von Schuh-Missbrauch. Abgebrochene Absätze, sehr getragene, abgenutzte, verschlissene, zerissene, überfahrene Schuhe. Schuhe über den Boden gerschliffen, zerknitterte Schuhspitzen, zersägte, plattgetretene, zerquetschte Schuhe, verlorene Schuhe, Schuhbäume etc. Jede andere Diskussion oder Fotos im Zusammenhang mit Schuhen oder Stiefeln oder andere Arten von Schuhen, missbraucht oder nicht, ist willkommen.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

fickerwind

Durability of certain footwear brands

Post by fickerwind »

After a couple of years lurking and reading, first I'd like to introduce myself. I'm a straight male, but with a fetish on abused and/or dirty hoes and boots. That's, I guess, a description that could fit many of the forum members. Since I don't have a partner sharing my fetish, i decided to engage myself in shoe abuse, not just watch movies and images.

Recently I purchased two pairs of cheap faux leather thigh boots. Seems both of them have the same weak points:
-the arch is supported by a piece of metal, but the metal is much narrower than the sole, so it tends to twist under uneven load
-in the sole, there is a layer I'd like to call "weight carrier": it's stiff and located between the inner and outer sole; the metal arch support is fixed onto this layer. Well, on both of my boot pairs, this layer is made of some very dense carton (!) that disintegrates when wet.

These weak points render the boots completely useless after only 2 or 3 offroad (mud, gravel, water...) outings.

Now I'd like to invest more money into my hobby and buy real leather boots, perferably thigh-high and with a stiletto heel (yes, I know that a block heel or a flat boot would give more support and be more durable). I guess they would automatically be better than thigh boots for $25. Can someone share their experiences on durability of their boots, especially in muddy/wet conditions? The boots should be available in / shippable to the EU.

Thanks in advance!
vector

Re: Durability of certain footwear brands

Post by vector »

Good topic.

Bad news is that these days good, durable leather boots do not come under 200EUR. The mid-range brands like Nine West used to make decent boots, but now the quality is lowered. I find brands like Stuart Weitzmann to be the entry-grade for good boots. Dune and Buffalo are however relatively durable for the price, just not full-leather.

That's why for abuse and destruction, I always buy used. Even mid-range boots from the 80s (90s boots are square-toed and ugly) were of far better quality, having full leather lining (best indicator of quality), solid stitched soles and good metal heel frame. Even the Italian made ones can be bought for around 50EUR.

Good luck on your hunt, a pair of Italian boots from 1988 can still take more abuse than a brand new pair of Chinese boots made in 2018.