Torn Linings

Any type of shoe abuse. Broken heels, well worn shoes, scuffed shoes, torn shoes, shoes run over by cars, shoes dragged on the ground, crinkled pointy toes, shoes sawed in half, shoes run over by cars, lost shoes, shoe trees, trample, crush, etc. Any other discussion or photos having to do with shoes, boots or other footwear, abused or not, is welcome.

Alle Arten von Schuh-Missbrauch. Abgebrochene Absätze, sehr getragene, abgenutzte, verschlissene, zerissene, überfahrene Schuhe. Schuhe über den Boden gerschliffen, zerknitterte Schuhspitzen, zersägte, plattgetretene, zerquetschte Schuhe, verlorene Schuhe, Schuhbäume etc. Jede andere Diskussion oder Fotos im Zusammenhang mit Schuhen oder Stiefeln oder andere Arten von Schuhen, missbraucht oder nicht, ist willkommen.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

Diogenes

Torn Linings

Post by Diogenes »

Went to put my cowboy boots on the other day. They've been wet and muddy lots of times- amd wet and muddy inside too. When I pulled them on there was a ripping noise and my foot wouldn't go in the right one properly. When I looked there was a big rip down the seam in the linings at the back. Presumably being wet so many times had weakened the thread. So - I had a choice - throw the boots away, or tear out the linings. I grabbed hold of the tear and pulled. There was this load ripping noise and the lining started to come away at the tops of the shafts and with a few pulls it came away inside the foot too. I pulled the boot on - it now felt bigger and looser. I liked the feel so I took the other boot off and ripped the lining out of that too. I decided to see how they felt in mud so I went to my favourite spot and as I waslked into the mud I could feel my feet slipping inside my boots at every step. Next I stepped in some deeper mud and as I stepped forward my foot came right out of my boot. I was wearing some sweaty old white knee length socks and my foot went straight in the mud up to the calf. I pushed my mud covered foot back in the boot. The mud was like a lubricant - now my boot slipped more and I could walk out of it at will. So I did and soon it was caked with wet mud inside and out. ( and the other one was too) I found a pool of deep muddy water and paddled in over the tops to wash the mud out. Then went back to the mud. It took the boots nearly ytwo weks to dry out after!

What are your stories of ripped and torn boot and shoe linings?
wamclog

Re: Torn Linings

Post by wamclog »

I had a pair of black slouch boots that had a nylon lining inside that did the same thing. From wearing them wet and with baby oil inside the linings just rotted away. I used to wear them with nylons and the linings bunched up inside for a while, then I removed the linings from both boots and it was like getting a new pair of boots to play with. I also removed the heel cups when I took the linings out. With the heel cups gone they would smash down under my feet when I walked and slipped off my heels. Super Loose now!!!! I wore them for years this way, they saw alot of mud and food too. They were never cleaned and worn until my toes poked thru the sides. I also had black suede boots that got a similar treatment but my feet would get so black everytime I wore them. My girlfriend at the time would say those boots smell funny...........when she found out that I liked putting stuff in them and wearing them she would put surprises in them for me before we went out for the night. Before long she was curious why I liked this so much and wanted to try them on too. She slid her barefeet into my old suede boots and smiled and said this feels cool. OMG!!!
She ended up buying a pair of cheap boots at payless just for filling and walking around. We went to a horse show both wearing boots and nylons that were drenched in cooking oil. She loved the slippery feeling too. Peace.
Wear em wet.
hope_withlove

Re: Torn Linings

Post by hope_withlove »

Any nice pictures of the boots? Love to see them!