Urgent question

Any type of shoe abuse. Broken heels, well worn shoes, scuffed shoes, torn shoes, shoes run over by cars, shoes dragged on the ground, crinkled pointy toes, shoes sawed in half, shoes run over by cars, lost shoes, shoe trees, trample, crush, etc. Any other discussion or photos having to do with shoes, boots or other footwear, abused or not, is welcome.

Alle Arten von Schuh-Missbrauch. Abgebrochene Absätze, sehr getragene, abgenutzte, verschlissene, zerissene, überfahrene Schuhe. Schuhe über den Boden gerschliffen, zerknitterte Schuhspitzen, zersägte, plattgetretene, zerquetschte Schuhe, verlorene Schuhe, Schuhbäume etc. Jede andere Diskussion oder Fotos im Zusammenhang mit Schuhen oder Stiefeln oder andere Arten von Schuhen, missbraucht oder nicht, ist willkommen.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

Mary Jane

Clay

Post by Mary Jane »

Where I live in the NW USA, I would go onto a beach and try to find good clay that I liked. Most bays have clays but can have stuff that can get ripe fast. Look around your area. Try to think of an area that has standing water at some time of the year. Look there.

Clays a very fine ground rock so can be found any where.

I would think a bucket or two would do.

I know for locations on two beachs that are in place. One small bay has clay all over the place without added matter. Clean up by putting into a bucket, mixxing up well and letting the light stuff float to the surface. Clean it off. May be a layer of larger stuff on the botton you may want to remove. OR--- MIX up cleaned clay well --- wait a few second for the heavies to go to the bottom---- pour off the water and let it settle for a few days. Remove the water. Clay should be usable.

Here ANY roadside cut is going to have clays that you could used to play in, just not any usefull to fire.

MJG
messylaura

Post by messylaura »

shoe messer wrote:Sorry i don't live in london,but keep the ideas coming just as long as the homemade clay recipe can be made by items at home.

so where are you then.

if you can drive try getting the clay from and roadside repairs . as mentioned before i used to get my clay before from when they repaired burst water mains, and it was fun getting it, but that depens what the subsoil is like in your country / town
couple of past wet / muddy videos from me
https://www.youtube.com/@abigailbutterfly
shoe messer

Post by shoe messer »

I have sand on me now,can i turn that into clay and how?

Post by Guest »

shoe messer wrote:I have sand on me now,can i turn that into clay and how?

Short and sweet,, YES.

A rock tumbler can do it in months. A rock crusher will do it in hours or days. Can be done. WHY!!

I have not lived in any place that did not have clay some place near by. Just needs to be cleaned of plant matter and rocks. Water will wash away the plant matter because it flouts. Get the clay into the water cloum and remove to another bucket and let settle. You have clay.

Is it clay if it sticks to your shoes? How about if it is real slick to walk on when wet? A lens of it can be cut with a knife, IS IT CLAY? Good chance any are usable for your use. The in place lens of clay is most usable to me as it is all one size. With a little care in mining the clay most would be usable.
messylaura

Post by messylaura »

like i said , road works are every where and just left unatended over night (uk) the whole washing and cleaning then letting it settle was a real pain in the arse, soooooooo glad i know where to get now.
couple of past wet / muddy videos from me
https://www.youtube.com/@abigailbutterfly

Post by Guest »

well i dont know about clay but mud i know. but im sure you know.

but dont do what my friend done when making mud. i met him on a site like this and he wanted to make mud for abusing so he started a small pit in a firls but wanted to churn it up real good so he drove the car through it lots of times but it got too churned up and he got stuck in hes own mud pit.
EmmaJNation

Post by EmmaJNation »

Anonymous wrote:
shoe messer wrote:I have sand on me now,can i turn that into clay and how?

Short and sweet,, YES.

A rock tumbler can do it in months. A rock crusher will do it in hours or days. Can be done. WHY!!

It depends on your definition of "clay" Strictly speaking, sand (or the wrong type of rock) will not make clay, no matter how finely you grind it. Clays are a specific type of rocks/minerals where the particles have a plate-like appearance when you look at them under a microscope. This means that they can slide over each other comparatively easily, so when they are mixed with water they make the characteristic oozey substance we know and love!
Emma (Grad. I. Ceram.)

PS To be a real geek, if you go to http://www.unh.edu/esci/indexmap.html you can find out exactly where to dig in England and Wales to find your clay!