Urgent question

Any type of shoe abuse. Broken heels, well worn shoes, scuffed shoes, torn shoes, shoes run over by cars, shoes dragged on the ground, crinkled pointy toes, shoes sawed in half, shoes run over by cars, lost shoes, shoe trees, trample, crush, etc. Any other discussion or photos having to do with shoes, boots or other footwear, abused or not, is welcome.

Alle Arten von Schuh-Missbrauch. Abgebrochene Absätze, sehr getragene, abgenutzte, verschlissene, zerissene, überfahrene Schuhe. Schuhe über den Boden gerschliffen, zerknitterte Schuhspitzen, zersägte, plattgetretene, zerquetschte Schuhe, verlorene Schuhe, Schuhbäume etc. Jede andere Diskussion oder Fotos im Zusammenhang mit Schuhen oder Stiefeln oder andere Arten von Schuhen, missbraucht oder nicht, ist willkommen.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

bigj3650

Post by bigj3650 »

i hope your not being scottishist emma :LOL:
Mary Jane

Clays

Post by Mary Jane »

EMMA, The books I have show a particle of less than 1/256 mm is classed as clay. Sound like you are thinking of one of the rocks that lubricats the plates called serpentine. It is a big pain here and the reason roads slip away. Something to make a mess in are all over the place.

Now what you want to do with it makes a very big differents in what you would call good clay. My garden has a lot of clay in it. I just added a yard of cut grass and two yards of compost to heat things up. It has been raining a lot and I do not know if we can turn it in tomorrow. Clay will still be there but maybe not a stickying on everything. Four to six inches of mud on the bottom of your shoes makes walking a little hard. I have a pair of platform sandals I use. Just hose them off when I am done.

Becuase of clay on my road, I put my PU in four wheel drive to get up to the house from my garden. This area is of 20+ M year old sedimentary rock. Clays are just not hard to find.

Clays to make a dinner plate or a brick get harder to find. I think I could find them if needed after 50 years of rockhounding.

MJG
messylaura

Post by messylaura »

while we are on the subject of looking for clay, does any one know of any where they test or drive 4X4 vheicles, as that would make a great place to go and take a walk, would love to find a place near north london
couple of past wet / muddy videos from me
https://www.youtube.com/@abigailbutterfly
Mary Jane

4X4 areas

Post by Mary Jane »

messylaura wrote:while we are on the subject of looking for clay, does any one know of any where they test or drive 4X4 vheicles, as that would make a great place to go and take a walk, would love to find a place near north london

North of here is 50 miles of white sand used by both 4X4's and other off road vehicles. Many small lakes in the dunes.

Any unpaved road may have some very bad mud holes. I had a person comming into a place I worked at night to steal things. We could not close the road. Puddle dried allmost up, easy to dig out. A little water, say 300 gallons and the trape was set. There he sat the next morning wanting us to call some friends to get him out.

More than once I have done the same thing just not as big a surprise. I have tools to get us out. But there have be times when both the car and I needed a bath.

Bad news is I am on the coast of Oregon, USA. Be a bit of a drive.

MJG
shoe messer

Post by shoe messer »

Does oil mess up rubber and what's the some of the hardest substances to get off of shoes?
Mary Jane

oil

Post by Mary Jane »

Very little oil is left in a puddle from a auto unless it dose real major damage.

The soils around here have a lot of very fine clays and some iron. They will stain any light colored shoes given a chance.

MJG
shoe messer

Post by shoe messer »

What are some things that can mess up designer shoes? If i make modeling clay from flour,salt and water how do i make it sticky like natural clay or just sticky? I'm also still taking replies for:Does regular vegetable oil mess up shoes?