Shoes squashed on road.

Any type of shoe abuse. Broken heels, well worn shoes, scuffed shoes, torn shoes, shoes run over by cars, shoes dragged on the ground, crinkled pointy toes, shoes sawed in half, shoes run over by cars, lost shoes, shoe trees, trample, crush, etc. Any other discussion or photos having to do with shoes, boots or other footwear, abused or not, is welcome.

Alle Arten von Schuh-Missbrauch. Abgebrochene Absätze, sehr getragene, abgenutzte, verschlissene, zerissene, überfahrene Schuhe. Schuhe über den Boden gerschliffen, zerknitterte Schuhspitzen, zersägte, plattgetretene, zerquetschte Schuhe, verlorene Schuhe, Schuhbäume etc. Jede andere Diskussion oder Fotos im Zusammenhang mit Schuhen oder Stiefeln oder andere Arten von Schuhen, missbraucht oder nicht, ist willkommen.

Moderators: Heelexploder, josephine, Alexainheels, minni, Cammile, Wetshoegirl, ambershotheels

Shoes squashed on road.

Post by 01 »

Hopefully these pictures will upload OK?
They are of a pair of shoes that were left on a road to be squashed by traffic. The first one is when they were put there. The second a couple of hours later. Only one shoe was left, the other had vanished. Then after another tow hours the second shoe had gone as well. I searched the grass verge nearby incase they were there but could not find them anywhere?
Newbie2448

Post by Newbie2448 »

Beautiful. I've done this a few times now, its just so lovely, beautiful shoes getting dumped and then the anticipation waitinf to see what will come of them after a few hours or a day or 2 out on the road, i havent done it for a while now, but i may have a go at it again soon. Cheers, and lets have some more stuff like this.
erv2u

shoes

Post by erv2u »

Thanks 01 fpr your pictures and story. I love to see and old pr of HH shoes in the street. Others do too. One of our old forum members , Amanda used to put her old shoes in the road in front of her house. God bless you Amanda wherever you are.
I have seen truck drivers pick up a shoe and put it on the dashboard. something to look at on the long drive ahead. They probably throw them out at the last truck stop before home.
I ussualy assume the shoes were discarded by the last owner and sometimes pick them up for photos.
More pictures on www.flickr.com - pool "lost soles"
Scuffy

Post by Scuffy »

I bet people probably took your shoes and hopefully will burn them and post it here.
Scuffy

Interesting?

Post by 01 »

Um, I did wonder what happened to them? Maybe someone picked them up, but then why only take one at a time? The road was not a major one and although cars and the like do use it most traffic is probably farm related. I imagined they had probably got run over by a tractor and squashed into the mud on the big nobbly tyres, then mushed into a field somewhere?
piikkikorot

Post by piikkikorot »

Wow, nice!!! I have done the same thing with spiked boots. Truck drove over the right boot and the heel popped away. I couldn´t find the anywhere... They were nice boots...
High heel shoes, Let?s make ?em messy!